Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Phew! So that's Paperific!


Well, I've been to every Paperific before, but this time I had a new hat on - Stampin' Up Demonstrator. So I got to demonstrate, run Make and Takes, and chat to people.

I arrived on Sunday morning to find Janine disgruntled - she'd noticed our sign said "Stamping Up", when the company name is really "Stampin' Up!" (yes, the exclamation mark is part of the name). Looking for a good deed to do, I reached up and peeled off the "G", and cut an apostrophe out of the sticky material. I'm sure that gets me some kind of award!

Next step was Make and Takes - I was first up on the Sunday roster. So I got to sit down, and wait for customers. Hah, easy job, everyone knows Sunday morning is quiet. Except that I had two happy stampers immediately, and then another two, and then an unbroken stream of people all the way until the next demonstrator came on duty. She was caught up in something, and I powered on for nearly two hours - loving it, too, it was fun! Here's what we made : a little booklet, with Summer Sun cardstock for the cover, ordinary squares of exercise book paper for the pages, and images from Circle Circus stamped on Very Vanilla, and punched out. Oh, and connected with eyelets, using the Cropadile. I hung the book on a hinged ring, as a cute bag tag.

That scallop circle punch sure is popular - it's fantastic with Circle Circus.

Then I started punching out these shapes out of the scraps. Naturally, people asked to keep them too, so I didn't come home with freebies. Ah well.

Later in the day I got to demonstrate. Ah, sitting down again. I whipped out the watercolour pencils and coloured in the little bird from "Spring Song". Magic, especially combined with the right punches.

I was using my aquapainter for watercolouring. I had recently taken it apart and cleaned it up. I was hoping it would last a bit longer, and guess what - yes it does! This little guy must be six or seven years old, and still going strong for all watercolouring purposes. Aquapainters are available in packs of two (this size, and a bigger one) for $19.95, so that's plenty of watercolouring fun for your money.


What did I make? Check it out! Cute bird, huh? It fits snugly inside the 1 3/8 inch circle punch. I timed myself, by the way. With the base card already cut, I could turn out one of these ATCs in 3 minutes flat! Including colouring, but not including chatting time. So there ya go, colouring doesn't have to take long.

Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!®
Supplies used:
Bag Tag
Stamp set: Circle Circus
Ink:
Summer Sun, Not Quite Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Summer Sun

Accessories : 1 inch punch, 1 3/8 inch circle punch, Scallop circle punch, Cropadile, eyelets

Bird ATC
Stamp set: Spring Song, Organic Grace,
Ink: Basic Black,
Summer Sun
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip

Accessories : Aquapainter, Watercolour pencils, 1 3/8 inch circle punch, Scallop circle punch

No comments:

Post a Comment