Monday, June 8, 2009

A rose is a rose

Well, I'm getting into the swing of this particular blog. Here's another pretty card I made. I adore the 'Fifth Avenue Floral' stamp set, and I've just started playing with it.

I stamped the large rose on Very Vanilla, and coloured it with the watercolour crayons. You see, I do love every watercolour medium.

The special thing about THESE crayons is that they come in the named 48 Stampin' Up! colours. It's pretty hard not to find matching cardstock! I coloured with mostly Rose Red, and a little Summer Sun, and of course those are the card colours I used too. And Rose Red ink on the 'A' monogram too, natch. AND Rose Red ink on Rose Red card for a background. See, it all goes together!

Trivia item : why did I use the "A" monogram on this card? Is it meant for my Aunty Agatha, or my friend Annie? Nope, I only just bought the alphabet, and I have only mounted "A" and "B" so far! Couldn't wait to use it!

I did a variation, which is getting mixed reviews around here : the rose is coloured with just one crayon - Charcoal, from the neutrals set. Perhaps I'll do another one, with ONE coloured flower and some neutral ones in the background.

Like the scalloped edge? So do I! That's one nifty edge punch.

Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!®
Supplies used:
Stamp set: Fifth Avenue Floral
Ink: Basic Black, Rose Red

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Rose Red, Summer Sun
Other: 1 3/8inch circle punch, circle scallop punch, scallop edge punch, word window punch, watercolour crayons

1 comment: