Monday, June 8, 2009

Welcome to my Stampin' Up blog!


I've started a new blog, to go with my new role as an independent Stampin' Up! demonstrator. Yay! Let's start with a card I just made with goodies that just came in the mail. 'Cos making stuff is what it's all about.

This one uses the very pretty "Spring Song" stamp set, which of course I bought - it has a bird!

I've coloured Mr Birdy with the watercolour pencils - my first time using the Stampin' Up! ones. Wow, they are smooth, and full of pigment! You can tell nice pencils with your eyes shut - just listen to the sound they make when you colour with them. The cheap pencils we give to kids make a "skritch skritch" sound, but good ones just sigh. Ahhh.

My daughter tells me I didn't colour the bird's head right. She says the head should be the same colour as the back. I could scoff and say "what would she know", but she's usually right, so there's my task for next time.

Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!®
Supplies used:
Stamp set/s: Spring Song, Organic Grace
Ink: Basic Black, Old olive, Not Quite Navy

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Not Quite Navy

Other: 1 3/8inch circle punch, circle scallop punch

2 comments:

  1. Very nice looking blog Pauline! And you have definately sold me on the pencils!

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and I've updated your link on my blog to show your new blog

    ReplyDelete