Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Never Ending Card

One of the nice things about being a Stampin' Up demonstrator is that you don't do it alone - your upline, and her "family" all work together as a group. I'm a member of Gail Force Stampers - the group that comes under - you guessed it - Gail! Just this week, the Gail Force Girls got together for a special afternoon - Flick, another group member, showed us how to make the wonderful "Never Ending Card".

Well, it was marvellous! The table was set with card cut and scored for us already (that's the kind of thing we do when setting up a workshop - just to guarantee that everyone gets success). It didn't look like enough card, but what do you know? It was! All the interesting construction comes in the first step, which is so easy to do (when someone clever shows you!).

Then we spent a lovely afternoon decorating our cards, gossiping, and snacking.

We used some small bits of Designer Series Paper, and everything else was stamped onto Whisper White cardstock. I enjoyed helping myself to Flick's huge marker collection. Wow, you can do a lot with markers! I inked up a number of the stamps with markers (the pink/green cupcakes, for example) - that's one way to get two colours into an image. I also used markers to colour the sprinkles on the larger cupcakes, and to add a touch of detail to the cake cups. Oh, and the cherries, of course! So, although nothing is "coloured in", the card looks very colourful.

You'll see I've also used a bit of sponging - the very edges of each white piece are sponged with a colour from the range I was stamping with. I was pleased to try the official Stampin' Up sponges - turns out they are excellent, and great value at $6.50 for a set of three. I've been using some less good sponges for a while now, and they really need retiring. I'll be thrilled to get smooth new ones.

I'm thinking this would be a terrific project to show to others. Probably not for a general workshop, but great for a class or club setting. Hmm. One of my goals is to get a stamp club together. Well, I already run a stamp club, but I'd love to host a Stampin' Up one, where I present a new project each time, and we all stamp away, enjoying the company, and having a go with stamps and goodies. That's something to work towards.

Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!®
Supplies used:
Stamp set: Party Hearty, Crazy for Cupcakes
Ink and markers :
Summer Sun, Pixie Pink, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Ruby Red
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black

No comments:

Post a Comment