Thursday, July 9, 2009

New Art - those wonderful crayons

Check it out, I drew this with a black Stampin' Write marker, and coloured it with Stampin' Up watercolour crayons. The crayon colours were just spectactular - Garden Green with Always Artichoke made an excellent avocado skin colour.

Phew, I don't usually draw - at all.

Oh, maybe I should let you in on the secret.

It's ... tracing paper! I traced a photo from a catalogue. And I did the colouring on the reverse side! Looked great.

The only thing is, the tracing paper I used was rather lightweight, and buckled a bit with the watercolouring. I think I'll get some Stampin' Up Vellum (it comes in paper and cardstock weight) and try again. Mmm, card weight vellum, that has possibilities.

And of course, you could exploit this technique with stamps and stamp pads, in place of drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment