Saturday, August 1, 2009

Vellum and Watercolour Crayons - mmm, yes!

I mentioned earlier I'd like to play with some vellum - well, I went ahead and got some Stampin' Up vellum, in both the cardstock weight and the paper weight.

Here's what I made : I've stamped the sprig of leaves, and the "for you" message, from "Great Friend" (in the mini catalogue). I've stamped the flower from "Fifth Avenue Floral" onto the heavier vellum, and coloured with watercolour crayons. I cut out the flower, and adhered it to the base card.

The Stampin' Up watercolour crayons did a fantastic job. When you watercolour, you want to be able to move the colour around just as you like it. These crayons are very obedient, and the colour just glows!

Adhering vellum is always a tricky one - how to hide the tape, or whatever you use? I found that the Stampin' Up glue stick did a great job of sticking vellum to cardstock. Just had to weight it down for a few minutes while it got properly stuck.

See my tricky trick? White gel pen touches to highlight the flower - it really makes it pop!

I made these samples at the Quilt and Craft fair. Such a nice time to colour in flower after flower, and chat to an audience at the same time!

Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!®
Supplies used:
Stamp set: Great Friend, Fifth Avenue Floral
Ink :
Summer Sun, Old Olive, Basic Black
Cardstock: Old Olive, More Mustard

Other : Watercolour crayons, Aquapainter, White Gel Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment