Sunday, November 15, 2009

A special ATC for Paperific

I was very happy to attend Paperific simply as a stamper this year - not working or running a stall. Ah, what fun!

I made some ATCs for swapping - wanna see?

Now, if you are keen of eye, you will notice that the stamps I'ved used here are NOT from the current catalogue. They are "retired" (that's so much nicer than saying "obsolete").

So here's my little essay on "retired" stamps.

It IS a nice thing to keep using your retired stamps, you know. You bought them because you love them, and old friends don't stop being old friends.

So when I'm representing Stampin' Up, or at a SU! function, or trying to sell you something (!) I'll be using all the latest and greatest. But when I just feel like tinkering with my lovely stamps, I'll be dipping into the old classics often. No wonder some older stamp sets become collectors items.

Oh, and you'll see, I managed to use that curly label punch on the day it arrived! That's Kraft card, and Old Olive ink, a classic combination, and behind the window it's Very Vanilla card and the same ink. I've added a little "drop shadow" in pale grey marker to the flowers - it makes them pop! And did I tell you SU! sponges are the best? I think I did. Well, they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment